Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rose Cakes!

So I have fallen in love with cake decorating since taking a beginners/intermediate cake decorating class for my job.

I got some of my own supplies and started with a double layer red velvet cake with rose decoration for Chris' families "7th of July party."

One of my boss' from Moo's place had a birthday two days ago and I decided to make another rose cake for her birthday. I used a 1M tip to pipe the roses on the cake.

Another tip, I don't do a crumb coat when frosting this kind of cake because the 1M tip pipes a very large layer of frosting.

The cake on the cake stand is the red velvet cake and I used a royal icing that didn't have any refrigerator need since the cake was being left out for a but during the party. The second cake on the old doily was frosted with a simple buttercream icing that had to be kept in the fridge.

Personally I liked how the double layer red velvet cake came out because the royal icing does a great job of hardening on the outside and keep its shape when the roses are piped.

No comments:

Post a Comment